TouchBistro is on the hunt for a Design Director to join our Brand Team! You will lead the marketing design team and oversee all components of marketing design including print and digital campaigns, trade show design, and sales and marketing collateral. You will mentor and supervise our highly skilled design and web development team while challenging and introducing new and innovative methods of creative execution.
The Design Director will guide, lead, and liaison ideas around brand and marketing ensuring that all external and internal design execution aligns with the brand and product message. This includes the development and evolving brand guidelines, strategizing methods of creative direction and design budget allocation.
The leading candidate for this role is someone who excels at managing a team with varied, sometimes competing deliverables, while developing each member to his/her greatest potential. You must be a problem solver and effective delegator who enthusiastically rolls up your sleeves alongside multiple designers, content writers, project managers, and strategists to craft unique experiences that align with business goals... with exquisite attention to detail.
- Support the design department in multiple ways including training, assigning projects, scheduling time, coaching teams, among others
- Own the direction of creative development against the creative strategy and define brand guidelines
- Oversee all multi-platform design (including but not limited to: video, digital, print, social media, etc.), to drive audience engagement, and brand awareness
- Ensure creative scope, schedule and budget are accurate
- Master project concept creation, site architecture, user-interface specification, functionality specification and interactive design
- Collaborate with our Product Design Director to ensure Brand compatibility and sharing
- Manage & Lead UX and design direction of corporate website and web entities
- Maintain knowledge and hands-on experience in multimedia, advertising, interactive advertising, design, and social design execution
- Collaborate effectively across disciplines with design, strategy, UX, and development teams who may be geo-dispersed
- Assist the project team overall in solving difficult design challenges and overcoming obstacles
- Conduct compelling and persuasive presentations, when needed, to audiences of varying levels, size, and backgrounds, including to team members or senior leadership teams
ALL ABOUT YOU
- 6+ years experience as an Art Director, Senior Visual Designer, or Associate Creative Director, or a similar role in building digital media at scale and managing a in-house design team
- You have an online portfolio with specific examples of high quality brand design work reflecting individual conceptual thinking, teamwork, and impact on customers
- Possess a demonstrated ability to grow brand and identity development
- Understand landing page conversions and best practices
- Be a team player with refined and assertive leadership skills and the ability to positively influence change through inspirational design, solid rationale, supporting data, and diplomacy
- Proven ability to communicate creative solutions with confidence, ease and clarity
- Thorough knowledge of information architecture, usability, UI and UX Design, and a professional understanding of typography in both print and screen media, including fluent illustration, prototyping and/or multimedia skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time to meet aggressive deadlines
- Must be proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign; a bonus if you have experience with Adobe After Effects and Sketch!
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. We’re a team of thinkers, builders, doers, and innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
We’re venture backed by some of the best tech VCs in the world and are partnered with top innovators in the mobile, food, and payment industries.
We’re global and growing! TouchBistro is used in more than 100 countries worldwide and has offices in NYC, Austin, Chicago, London and headquarters in Toronto. We’re a fast-moving, ever-evolving company on a mission to change the way restaurateurs do business and help them succeed through our products and services, but we need talented, passionate people to help!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.