TouchBistro’s Financial Reporting team is looking for a detail-oriented and highly organized Financial Reporting Analyst who thrives in a fast paced environment and has a passion for identifying gaps and searching for process enhancements. Reporting directly to our Accounting Manager, you will take on full-cycle accounting, provide insight into the numbers, and support month-end and year-end close procedures. Your ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders will allow you to manage expectations, and create efficiencies within those partnerships!
- Own hardware billing and reporting processes, including the review of accounting policies
- Contribute to the preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS including the assistance in preparation of financial statement notes and disclosures
- Perform trend analysis of hardware sales and cost, as well as monthly gross margin analysis
- Own monthly close reporting for hardware (including billing), marketing expenses and accounting
- Partner with the supply chain team to ensure timely and accurate resolution of hardware related issues and leverage existing processes
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Prepare month-end reconciliations for assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts, researching issues, and resolving discrepancies
- Assist with inventory cycle counts, prepare inventory movement, reconciliation of inventory records per general ledger and inventory reports produced by the supply chain team
- Explain variances related to inventory control and cost adjustments, inventory revaluation to last costs during year-end close
- Prepare for and assist with upcoming external audits, document processes, ensure performance of key controls, and obtain/provide support as necessary
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in finance and/or accounting roles
- BA/BComm in Accounting or Finance
- Strong Accounting skills & Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Advanced experience in accounting/finance processes including month-end close, variances analysis, and reconciliations
- Experience working in a multi-currency environment
- Strong knowledge of excel and Microsoft Office suite
- Proven problem-solver who searches for process deficiencies and identifies solutions
- Detail oriented, organized, and ability to prioritize is a must
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills – ability and comfortable speaking and working with C-level executives
NICE TO HAVE
- Startup experience is a plus!
- Experience working with NetSuite (or other cloud-based accounting software)
- Working towards CPA designation (or other international designations)
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. We’re a team of thinkers, builders, doers, and innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
At TouchBistro you’ll join a fun, vibrant and rapid growth environment where you’ll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative and respectful. We offer great benefits such as stock options, career progression, professional development, volunteer days, health/dental benefits and more!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process