Corporate Development at TouchBistro is responsible for ensuring the long term growth, profitability and durability of the business. These responsibilities include corporate strategy and enterprise planning; M&A and strategic partnerships; emerging business and international expansion; and business operations.
TouchBistro is seeking an extremely talented Corporate Strategy and Planning Manager who will be responsible for: a) refining and stewarding the enterprise planning and review process; b) leading assessments on high priority growth opportunities; (c) creating comprehensive market and competitive assessments, and (d) partnering with the M&A team to understand the strategic fit of acquisition targets and partners.
The selected candidate will be part of a small, collaborative team that values authentic, strong-willed individuals who think creatively; proactively look for growth opportunities; and drive business excellence. The Corporate Strategy and Planning Manager will report to the Vice President, Corporate Development.
- Support Annual Strategic Thinking & Planning Process: identify and prioritize opportunities, coordinate Functional and Business Units and create an enterprise view, stress-test financial projections/forecasts, prepare material for key meetings with CEO and Board of Directors
- You will act as liaison between Corporate Strategy and Functional & Business Units to keep the latter ones apprised with the enterprise strategic direction and collect input on main trends, events, opportunities, issues, and decisions in their businesses
- You will combine internal and external intel on macro, market, and competitive events and trends (e.g., emerging business models, new capabilities, traditional and non-traditional/emerging players, ongoing M&A activity), distill key insights, and articulate relevant opportunities or threats for our company
- You will run strategy projects to assess new opportunities or identify solutions to potential threats (i.e., articulate and size the opportunity/solution, assess implications for TouchBistro and potential competitive responses, lay out path for execution, prepare presentation material, socialize it with key stakeholders, and present to senior executives)
- You will lead working sessions with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders to identify new opportunities: facilitate the process, contribute with thought leadership, analyze and distill the outcome of the sessions, and create executive-level recommendations or feed them into the annual strategic planning process
- You will partner with M&A and BU teams to assess the strategic fit of potential acquisition targets and partners, and support them in shaping up the business case
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Math a plus. MBA from a top university preferred. We are looking for people with a track record of succeeding academically and professionally at the highest levels
- 5+ years of experience in strategy roles, of which 3+ in Top Tier management consulting firms, with a proven track record of (a) leading strategy projects while working across multiple stakeholder groups and (b) defining and delivering a cross-enterprise strategy
- Experience in SaaS, Payments, or Financial Services is preferred
- Highly independent in thinking and framing problems, driven by intellectual curiosity
- High degree of comfort on managing multiple assignments and priorities simultaneously
- Refined skills in developing and delivering compelling presentations
- High energy, with strong will and ambition to learn and work on new things
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. We’re a team of thinkers, builders, doers, and innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
At TouchBistro you’ll join a fun, vibrant and rapid growth environment where you’ll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative and respectful. We offer great benefits such as professional development, volunteer days, health/dental benefits, Friday lunches and more!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.